Wednesday, June 22, 2005

How hilarious is this?

So, I just got the edited version of my article on blogging.

Funny how destiny has a way of stubbing you in the toe. Written 3 weeks ago, the article spoke of the advent, dangers and uses of blogging.

Blogs are widely used in product/company evangelism as well as spreading news. It's maddenly quick, the proliferation of information over the internet.

I don't know if you've heard of the hoo-haa of Kryptonite's bike-locks back last year, where the company lost a whopping US$10million because of one posting on bikeforums.net.

The user allegedly posted a claim that Kryptonite's bike-locks could easily be picked with a ball-point pen, and in the next two days, 90 000 users had read it and the uproar was so great that newspapers covered the story. 2 days following the report, Kryptonite announced that they would replace all bike-locks for free.

I've always been wary of blogging. And bloggers for that matter. Irresponsible blogging is a heinous crime. No, I'm not exaggerating. Bleah.

And then so, I was reminded that by starting my own blog, I've gone against my values.

I don't know how I'm gonna sleep at night.

Sigh.

No comments: